Sun, 13 Feb|
The Medieval Town of Arundel, West Sussex - guided tour & lunch
Join us for a guided tour of one of the finest historic towns in the South of England, followed by lunch in a 16th Century Inn.
Time & Location
13 Feb 2022, 12:00 – 16:00
Arundel, Arundel BN18, UK
About the Event
Martin, our guide, will take us on a unique walking tour around this small medieval town, covering .. Architecture, history, the people and changes will all be discussed, leading you to leave knowing a whole lot more about this beautiful town.
- Castle, why, when and who built it, and how the town has changed over the years.
- Duke of Norfolk reasons why, who they are, memories of the past, and updates on today's Dukes.
- Bi-denominational Church, the when's and why we have one.
- Cathedral in a town? How and why do we have the biggest church in the smallest towns. Why for 100 years it was just a Church, now it's a Cathedral.
- The river, why it has changed its name and when. The trade route and shipping used the town docks.
- The variety of architecture, with built-in shop signs, the variety of styles and uses.
- The tunnels, coach houses, 30 pubs and 2 huge breweries that catered the town .. again a small town that, up until the early 1900s had a population of 1500 or less.
After the 90 minute tour, we will retire to a 16th Century Coaching Inn for lunch, also included in the price.
Why not join us for a fun, interesting and social afternoon out in this beautiful part of the South.
Most trains go direct to Arundel train station (approx 1hr 30 mins from the centre of London)
Easily accessible by car with ample car parking.
Tour & Light Lunch
This ticket covers the cost of your walking tour, light lunch (Sandwich & Chips) and a cup of tea/coffee or mineral water.
Walking Tour & Sunday Roast
This ticket is for the walking tour, Sunday roast & glass of wine (175ml) or Beer (pint or bottle)
Walking Tour & Roast
This ticket includes the walking tour, Sunday roast, and a cup of tea/coffee or mineral water.